We offer websites at no cost to AgriLife entities using the WordPress platform. If you decide to host your website with us, we can provide:
- WordPress hosting and backups
- WordPress plugin and security updates
- One-on-one or group training to use WordPress
- Technical support for ongoing site improvements
- Consultation about site organization or strategy
- Provided templates are compliant with state and federal accessibility laws
- Provided templates are compliant with university and TAMU System rules about links and brand guide colors
Resources to help make your website better
When you are starting a new website (or need to reevaluate what you currently have), it can be a bit overwhelming so we have the following resources to help you get started:
- Overview of writing for the web. This presentation covers these topics in more detail.
- Read these easy tips on How to create content for a new site.
- Blogging tips
- Finally, learn how to make your website accessible for all users, despite impairments.
For questions about your website content, contact Erin Simoni at (979) 862-6424 or email@example.com.
All AgriLife websites use WordPress as the content management system. We offer training in person or online via Lync or Webex. Training can be one-on-one or in a group.
If you need training for how to edit your website in WordPress, contact FirstCall.
Social media guidelines
AgriLife does not have formal rules or guidelines that you need to follow for starting social media, but we do recommend you review and follow the
Social media recommendations from the A&M System: